9. Crazed Professor Claims “Workplace Terrorism”
Lynn Snowden, far-left counter-terrorism professor at University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW,) accused colleague Mike Adams, criminal justice professor at UNCW and conservative columnist at Townhall, of breaking into her office and spraying it with tear gas. She reported this accusation to the police as well as to the entire staff. She claimed her legs were going numb and that several items in her office had been tampered with including, but not limited to, the margins on her computer. Seriously.
1. Use of crude hand gestures with a sexual nature.
2. Threatening lack of promotion
3. Making false statements regarding promotion
4. Developing policies which only applied to me, such as only 2 DIS (Directed Individual Study projects) per semester
5. Lack of support for publication efforts
6. Using false information in my annual evaluation 7. Trying to humiliate me in front of my colleagues
1. Mutilation of Watchband in my office
2. Destruction of tenure documents
3. Tampering with computer including erasing bookmarks insertion of derogatory files manipulation of margins attempted crashes of computer etc., etc.
4. Tampering with printer
5. Note found in car
It seems the trouble began with her accusing another staff member, Cecil Willis, of “hate crimes” and “sexual harassment,” which never proved true. Once her attempt to derail his career blew up, it is possible she just snapped. Snowden was never reprimanded for her false accusations and remains a professor at UNCW. She does, however, avoid her office and picks up her mail with a towel and a plastic bag, none of which she opens before putting it in the microwave. (I did not make that up.) It is clear none of what Snowden alleged was true, but it is not clear if Snowden was trying to cause trouble for Adams or if she’s just stone-cold-crazy. What is certain is the UNCW Police are still laughing about “Tear Gas Lady.”