“The People Speak” is a documentary inspired by Marxist historian Howard Zinn’s notorious A People’s History of the United States. It features Hollywood celebrities and musicians performing historical readings drawn from Zinn’s works. The purpose? To publicize Zinn’s book and its fairly simple message: America is an exploitative, evil force and has been since before it was founded.
NewsReal will be the go-to blog responding to “The People Speak” after it airs on the History Channel this Sunday at 8/7 Central. Look out for numerous posts in the following days rebutting the documentary’s neo-communist arguments in Freedom Center fashion.
In the mean time, check out Big Hollywood’s Mark Tapson who has a great post on Zinn in preparation to the documentary. And also survey the resources about Zinn at DiscoverTheNetworks.
The definitive critique of of “The People Speak” thus far has been written by Ron Radosh.
NewsReal’s Responses so far:
- Matthew Vadum: Zinn’s Ahistorical Anti-American Movie Cheers On Community Organizers
- Jeanette Pryor: Mindszenty Speaks to Damon: The Other People Must Act
- Chris Rowan: The People’s History Channel
- Rhonda Robinson: American History According to Zinn: A Leftist’s Fairy Tale
- Michael van der Galien: Confronting Howard Zinn’s Anti-American Matrix
- Mark J. Koenig: Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, Fellow Zinnophiles Rant; America & Her Admirers Gag
- Gene Mierzejewksi: Oh, the Banality! The Suckiness of ‘The People Speak’
- John Nampion: “The People” Speak? Try “Howard Zinn, The Hypocrite Speaks” On Bill Moyers Journal