NewsReal’s Chris Yogerst is currently blogging about Comedy Central’s satirical cartoon South Park. Chris’s focus: the show’s relationship with “Generation Y Conservatism,” an emerging ideological orientation among those born between 1980 and 1995 who are just beginning to emerge onto the political scene.
What is Generation Y Conservatism? There’s no clear answer yet. It’s up to those of us in Generation Y to define it. And we’re beginning that discussion here at NewsReal Blog. NRB features the writings of numerous Gen Y conservatives in addition to Yogerst: Tim and Alissa Birkel, Calvin Freiburger, Alex Knepper, Nichole Hungerford and editors Michael van der Galien and David Swindle. That Gen Y Conservatism has developed in the constant shadow of the cable news culture is another reason why NewsReal Blog is an appropriate venue to begin this discussion. Unlike previous generations, for as long as we’ve been politically aware the cable news matrix has played a role in shaping our understanding of the political landscape.
This page will feature links to all of the entries in Chris’s series as well as other articles on the subject of Generation Y Conservatism by NewsReal’s bloggers and others. If you’ve written an article or a blog post about this subject then please use the contact form below so it can be added to our collection. Likewise, if you would like to submit an article for NRB to consider adding to this collection please get in touch.
Chris Yogerst’s Generation South Park Series
- Part 1:Butters Goes to ACORN
- Part 2: Stan Takes On Sissy Environmentalists
- Part 3: Cartman Gives Wendy the Glenn Beck Treatment
- Part 4: The Rise of Stealth Conservatism
- Part 5: The Left’s Assault on Literature
- Part 6: Tweeting ourselves Towards A Room Temperature IQ
- Part 7: Offended Muslim Audience Threatens Show’s Creators
- Part 8: Comedy Central Bows To Intimidation
More Articles About or Relating to Generation Y Conservatism
(Most recent articles are on top)
- NewsReal: What Does David Frum’s New Majority Name Change Say about the Conservatism He Advocates? By Michael van der Galien
- Calvin Freiburger Online: Generation Y Conservatism
- NewsReal: Why So Many on the Right and the Left Can’t Figure Out How to Deal With Glenn Beck By David Swindle
- NewsReal: How Will Generation Y Distinguish Itself on the Conservative Chessboard? By David Swindle
- NewsReal: Understanding, Accepting, and Finally Celebrating the Conservative Chessboard By David Swindle
- NewsReal: Meghan McCain is Not Generation Y’s Best Voice… Yet… By David Swindle
- David Swindle’s Books In Depth: David Horowitz’s Conservatism, Postmodern Conservatism, Generation Y Conservatism By David Swindle